Stanley Grange Community Association (SGCA) is managed by a strong, experienced and committed management committee of trustees. Committee members are volunteers who contribute significant amounts of their time and also support fundraising activity. The management committee of trustees meets every 6 weeks.
SGCA is led by Karen Riding, Chair of the trustee board. Karen has 20 years’ experience in education including various leadership roles. Currently she works in an advisory role working to ensure children with autism are well supported in mainstream schools. Being a teacher and parent of an autistic son gives her a unique insight into the challenges faced. Karen meets regularly with the Managing Director of Future Directions, Paula Braynion.
SGCA management committee includes the following trustees;
- David Wilks (Vice Chair) is a former Managing Director of a management consultancy company and has recently retired being a non-executive director of James Cropper PLC
- Mary O’Toole (Secretary) is a specialist in learning disabilities with relationships with many universities
- Roger Lee (Treasurer) was Chief Accountant for a large UK knitting machine makers with a daughter living at Stanley Grange for 16 years.
- John Leng is Managing Director of Leng Joiners and oversees property development and maintenance projects
- David Bell is former Export and Sales manager for global oil and gas markets and has a daughter living at Stanley Grange for 14 years
- Jenny Dagnall has a son living at Stanley Grange, and supports the development of The Garden Centre and environmental projects on site
- Eileen Porter has a daughter living at Stanley Grange and is a regular visitor to site, providing support to other trustees when needed
- Anthony Dearden is Chief Executive of the Calico, which provides housing for people with learning difficulties and is a qualified accountant.
- Mike Keighley was formerly was Chief Executive of the Meath Epilepsy Trust.
Trustees of SGCA meet the Future Directions leadership team annually:
Friends and Family Forum
The Friends and Family Forum is an initiative of the Stanley Grange Community Association and brings together family members with Future Direction Managers, carers and SGCA trustees. A representative from Future Directions attends the forum, both to update everyone on developments in relation to the care provided and to listen to any issues or concerns that forum members have.
The forum meets four times per year and is currently led by co-chairs, Bea Williamson and Mary O’Toole
Operations and Project Manager
In June 2021, Harriet Roberts (pictured below) was appointed as Operations and Project Manager to support the partnership. Read more here: https://www.stanleygrange.org.uk/new-operations-and-project-manager
Future Directions CIC, Stanley Grange Management Team
Lorraine Chapman-Linnett is the Operational Network and Registered Manager at Stanley Grange for Future Directions CIC. Bev Reynolds is the Administrator.